Thursday, May 31, 2007

Look Into My Eyes

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Who: Ko Nishino. Shree Nayar, a computer scientist at Columbia University in New York City.

What: It is possible to pin-point exactly what a person is looking at with a computer program developed by Shree Nayar.

When: March 7th, 2007

Where: Columbia University, New York City.

Why: With a computer program it is possible to view exactly what a person is looking at. This could help historians learn more about history because old photographs that were taken can be looked upon and see the reflecting light off of the people in the photo's eyes. By viewing the people's eyes you find out more about what the setting looked like because when the light reflects off of the person's eyes it shows exactly what they are looking at.

My Opinion:

My opinion about this topic is that it's interesting and cool. If there were such thing as computers that could give you a warning by giving you a beep if your looking away or making a noise just by scanning your eyes, it would be cool. Video games could also get better which many people would be excited about. Shree Nayar said that there could be even better exsisting games if the video game could scan your eyes to see where exactly where you're looking. I didn't know that our eyes were like small round mirrors, that sounds interesting to me. Being able to tell where someone's looking can also help to see whether someone is telling the truth or not. When someone tells a lie they tend to look in another direction or there body reacts in a different way. If I could ask my friends a question and be able to tell exactly when they are lying, all my troubles would be over! I hope that the program Nayar developed will one day be able to be viewed by the public.


http://www.sciencenewsforkids.com/articles/20070307/Feature1.asp

7 comments:

softballchik15 said...

hey...

you have been tagged...so check out the directions at
www.omegascience.blogspot.com

check out my blog too!

BYE!!

LiViN' wAtErMeLoN cRaZy said...

I have tagged you in the Omega Meme. Please go to livinwatermleoncrazy.blogspot.com and follow the directions.

Unknown said...

Aww I wanted to tagg =(

Unknown said...

I have tagged you in the Omega Meme. Please go to my blog or www.omegascience.blogspot.com and follow the directions.

BYE!!!

292freckles said...

YOU'VE BEEN TAGGED.

CHECK OUT THE DIRECTIONS AT www.omegascience.blogspot.com

ALSO LOOK AT MY BLOG

292FRECKLES

Touch Of Pink said...

ayy whats up ? :]

Violinist95 said...

wow, that's cool. This may change so many things in history